Aliss Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for use of the ALISS engine and communities regardless of how you enter and use the network. This could be via the aliss.org website or a third party application or website.
Registration – having an ALISS account
You may browse the ALISS.org website without registering. But you will need to be registered with a password to collect and share content particular to your own needs.
By registering with aliss.org you agree that
- Your account and password are for yourself only (or your organisation) and may not be used by anyone else to access aliss.org.
- You will not help a non- registered user access aliss.org – we will happily provide accounts for others. As an account holder you can either recommend a person or organisation for an account using firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also apply themselves directly for an account using email@example.com.
If you think that someone is using your account without your permission then tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Termination – shutting down an ALISS account
If you have an ALISS account and no longer want to use then it can be closed by sending the ALISS team an email via email@example.com.
To access and use ALISS, we ask that at all times you abide by the terms and conditions. If we think that an ALISS user has not complied with the terms and conditions then the ALISS team will have sole discretion to cancel access to the account areas of ALISS. The user will be notified via the email supplied at account registration. Our decision will have immediate effect.
Use and sharing of ALISS content
We are sharing ALISS via Creative Commons using the tag CC BY-NC-SA. This means that you can remix, tweak and built upon ALISS content but only for non-commercial purposes. However you must credit ALISS and license the new creation under identical creative common terms.
If you want to use and share our content in different ways that is not covered in the terms and conditions then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The inclusion of an item within ALISS does not imply endorsement or promotion of that resource or service by ALISS, government or public bodies or the organisation presenting the information via their digital interface (website, application etc.)
There is no guarantee made that the information contained in ALISS is accurate, complete and current at any given time. It may also change at any time.
The ALISS team work hard to provide a constant and uninterrupted access to the ALISS engine and website. However occasionally we need to make changes to maintain your user experience. On occasion we will notify users of interruptions to the service whilst we make things better.
The ALISS website, applications and engine is not intended in any way to replace the advice from a doctor or any other health or social care professional. Please see a qualified health professional if you have specific concerns about your health.
We take your privacy seriously at ALISS. Any personal data will be treated as confidential and managed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
When you use the aliss.org website your computer will be issued with a cookie. This is a regular protocol when using the internet. Cookies help the ALISS server recognise your computer and its preferences. This cookie, a simple code, stores a key to the browser session information on the ALISS database. It only lasts as long as the browser session or if the user explicitly logs out. A cookie will not identify an individual user.
ALISS uses third party cookies to measure the use of aliss.org. It helps us in making decision about future website development and content. We use Google Analytics.
By accepting the terms and conditions you accept that ALISS will be using cookies.
ALISS account holders are permitted to find, collect, add and share content.
If you wish to add content to ALISS the following conditions apply
- You must have the right to share this content with ALISS including resource and people information and details
- By submitting content it can now be shared in any of the ALISS formats and platforms.
- The content you add and share is not obscene, threatening, deceptive, an invasion of another’s privacy or offensive.
- Content does not infringe on copyright, trademark or privacy of person or party.
- You will not post content deliberately intended to harm or upset other users.
- You will not upload or post content that contains software viruses that would harm or destroy the functionality of aliss.org or any hardware and software.
Any questions regarding user content and copyright contact the ALISS team email@example.com.
Notification of changes
If you have any questions, suggestions regarding the ALISS terms and conditions please contact us