by Reach Advocacy Scotland Claimed
Advocacy in all its forms seeks to ensure that people, particularly those who are most vulnerable in society, are able to:
- Have your voice heard on issues that are important to you.
- Defend and safeguard your rights.
- Have your views and wishes genuinely considered when decisions are being made about you.
- Express your views and concerns.
- Access information and services.
- Defend and promote your rights and their responsibilities.
An advocate is someone who provides advocacy support when you need it. An advocate might help you access information you need or go with you to meetings or interviews, in a supportive role. You may want your advocate to write letters on your behalf, or speak for you in situations where you don’t feel able to speak for yourself.
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Rights & Representation , Discrimination & Human Rights , Independent Advocacy