Bethany Christian Centre
by Bethany Christian Trust Claimed ( Housing and Homelessness, Addiction )
Bethany Christian Centre aims, through a supported residential community, to assist individuals in their recovery from an addictive lifestyle.
Accommodation is provided in a community setting for men who have a desire to work toward living independently but who do not yet feel ready to take this step. There are 17 spaces in a combination of 3 twin and 11 single bedrooms. Meals are provided from the central kitchen and eaten together in the dining room. Residents are encouraged to be involved with the preparation and serving of meals, and to have a responsibility for participating in kitchen duty. Public areas are made up of a quiet room, a television lounge, a communal dining room, a residents’ tearoom, a laundry room, and a garden.
- Accommodation is offered to men between the ages of 18-65 with addiction problems and a desire to make changes to their lifestyle.
- Bethany Christian Centre is a dry house and residents must have a desire to adopt a completely alcohol and drug free lifestyle.
- Individuals will be admitted on the premise that they want to address their addiction issues through one-to-one and group support.
- As one of the main emphasis of Bethany Christian Centre is community living it is important that each resident is at ease with this social setting and with the Christian ethos it is based upon.
- Admission is on the understanding that the individual expects to stay for a minimum of 6 months before moving on to further accommodation.
Residents at Bethany Christian Centre are required to sign an occupancy agreement. They are advised that if they fail to meet their responsibilities under the terms of the agreement, they may be asked to leave. A copy of the occupancy agreement is available on request.
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0131 454 3125
- · City of Edinburgh (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.