Borders Brain Injury Service
by Momentum Skills ( Brain Injury )
Momentum Skills' outreach programme in the Scottish Borders assists adults who have sustained brain injures to live independently and to re-integrate into their communities.
We also support parents of children with head injuries.
The service includes the following elements:
- assessment of each individual’s needs
- support in managing the effects of a brain injury
- one-to-one emotional support
- advice and information
- home visits
- support to re-learn everyday living and social skills
- close working with families and carers
- access to a consultant neuropsychologist
- job retention
- employment support
- Access to our Money Matters Project
Individuals attending the service have their needs assessed and are allocated a level of supported rehabilitation which, based on an individual action plan, can include centre-based activity, support groups, a customised college course, mainstream education and vocational exploration.
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback