Breastfeeding Peer Support
Who are the Peer Supporters?
• We are volunteers living in the Borders who have experience of breastfeeding.
• We are NHS volunteers.
• We have been trained in all aspects of breastfeeding including confidentiality, and have undergone PVG checks.
What We Do?
• The support we provide is in addition to and complements the care you receive from NHS Borders health professionals.
• We offer mums personal friendly, one to one support over the phone/ in your home / at one of the groups or at a venue of your choice.
• Our volunteers understand that in the early days after having a new baby women often need extra support and guidance.
• We will seek to meet your need; you tell us what you want.
• There is lots of evidence to show that Breastfeeding your baby for the first six months and beyond has huge benefits for both you and your baby.
• Although breastfeeding is natural, it is a skill that has to be learned by both mother and baby.
• BiBs project aims to support pregnant and breastfeeding mums by offering help and guidance from our trained volunteers.
• Our volunteers have experience of breastfeeding and have received extra training.
• Our volunteers will offer you friendly support and practical help with breastfeeding.
Last updated 12/08/2019
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback