Crisis, Support and Advocacy Service
by Action for M.E. Claimed
People with M.E. are, as always, our priority. We are working to ensure adults, children, young people, and families living with the illness are supported during this unprecedented time, and beyond.
We have re-shaped all our services into our new Crisis, Support, and Advocacy Service for anyone living with or supporting someone with M.E. of any age, anywhere in the UK. We can:
• share information about all aspects of living with M.E., including welfare benefits, social care, symptom management and accessing health services
• offer emotional support, including coping in these particularly challenging times
• source practical assistance local to you, such as your local mutual aid group, parish council and/or community hub; we can also source local producers/food outlets who are making home deliveries
• advocate for your needs, explain processes in an accessible way, and support you to challenge the opinions of others in situations that affect you, including supporting you to contact your GP to ask them to refer you for support for vulnerable people
• offer peer-mentoring support (in Scotland only), to share experiences and insights into living with or caring for someone with M.E.
Please call us 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday or email us to speak with a member of the team.
Please note that our team is not medically trained and is unable to offer specialist legal, employment, or medical advice, though we can signpost to specialist organisations which can provide these services.
Last updated 14/05/2020
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0117 927 9551
This service is under the category: Myalgic Encephalomyelitis , Neurological Conditions , Conditions , Rights & Representation , Health & Social Care Services , Support Network , Peer Support , COVID 19
- · Scotland (Country)
To learn more about service areas.