Health & Wellbeing Support for Carers
by Carers Link East Dunbartonshire Claimed ( Health & Social Care Services, Support Network, Complementary Therapies )
Caring for someone can be very rewarding and give you a lot of happiness, but it can sometimes feel like a huge responsibility. Sometimes the sheer amount of time and energy you dedicate to caring for someone can make you forget that you are important too. But looking after your own emotional and physical health is essential if you want to get the most out of life and build the inner resources you need to help you continue with caring.
We offer a number of different services which can improve your health and wellbeing including:
- gentle exercise
- therapies such as counselling and Reiki
- courses and workshops to help you relax and de-stress
- courses and workshops to help you deal with things such as changes in relationships or feelings of guilt.
- opportunities to talk – to our staff, volunteers and other carers
- one to one support to help you explore your own health and wellbeing and to identify small changes that you want to make that could make a big difference.
Last updated 17 Sep 2018, 4:22 p.m.
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0800 975 2131