by Action on Hearing Loss Scotland Claimed
Hearing Forces is a Scotland-wide service delivered by Action on Hearing Loss Scotland offering advice and support to veterans aged 65 or over, their families and carers with hearing loss or tinnitus.
We offer information and support in easy-to-access local community settings and people’s homes throughout Scotland. We make sure that veterans, their families and their carers get the support they need to address any concerns about their hearing loss or tinnitus.
- Hearing aid maintenance and support
- Information and advice
- Advice on useful equipment to improve everyday life (e.g. amplified telephones, personal listeners)
- Support both before and after hearing aids have been fitted
- Peer support groups
- Referrals to other Unforgotten Forces partners, Action on Hearing Loss Scotland services and other helpful organisations
- Volunteering opportunities
Hearing Forces is part of Unforgotten Forces – a collaboration of 15 leading organisations in Scotland supporting older veterans and their families in Scotland. Unforgotten Forces delivers a range of new services across Scotland. These services cover areas such as advice, access to healthcare, social isolation, respite care, along with creative activities and events for those in care settings.
Last updated 22/01/2020
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Disability , Conditions , Health & Social Care Services , Support Network , Home Visiting , Sensory Impairment
- · Scotland (Country)
To learn more about service areas.