Helping Hands Befriending and Support Service
Helping Hands is a volunteer befriending and support service run by Highland Hospice throughout Easter Ross, the Black Isle and Inverness.
The volunteers visit people regularly in their own homes providing social and practical support in an informal way to people with ongoing health concerns limiting their ability to socialise and get out and about. The service is open to all individuals in need regardless of their diagnosis.
Helping Hands volunteers may:
* Offer companionship
* Help with practical tasks such as shopping, visit hairdressers
* Provide emotional support at times of change or difficulty
* Accompany to appointments or a social group
* Chat about local news and activities
* Provide respite for a carer to enable them to have time for themselves
As well as delivering a direct service in Ross-shire, we are working with various befriending services throughout the Highlands promoting befriending services for people with health issues.
Last updated 19/10/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback