Hillylands Independent Living Centre
by Bon Accord Care Claimed ( Health & Social Care Services, Care Home, Independent Living )
Hillylands Independent Living Centre is a resource for people of all ages who experience difficulty with everyday activities due to disability, illness and the aging process. The staff team provide guidance, support and impartial advice to help service users go about their daily life more easily and safely, at home and in the community.
The centre has a full-scale kitchen, assessment bathroom and bedroom as well as a large showroom area with specialist equipment and furniture on display. Qualified Occupational Therapists (OT) are available to carry out individual assessments and advise service users of the best solutions to meet their needs.
The centre is open to the public who can drop in at any time, however it is recommended that if you want to discuss a specific issue with an OT that you phone and make an appointment to make sure there will be a member of staff available to see you when you come in.
• Promote health and wellbeing towards improving and maintaining function among service users
• Referrals for service users who have some quality of life issues, but low risk to independence, health or well-being
• One-stop-shop – BACShop@Hillylands offers a wide range of small and larger equipment to help people maintain their independence. For example, adaptive cutlery, plates, long handled reachers, car transfer equipment, wheeled walkers and rise recline chairs can all be purchased.
If you visit Hillylands you can receive an assessment by qualified OT staff and advice about equipment and adaptations.
Telecare – Telecare demonstration area (Telecare drop-in sessions held on the first Tuesday of the month from 10.00am-12.00 midday)
Last updated 5 Jun 2019, 8:51 a.m.
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
- · Aberdeen City (Integration Authority (HSCP))
- · Aberdeenshire (Integration Authority (HSCP))
To learn more about service areas.