Improving the Cancer Journey
We’re Here to Help
Being diagnosed with cancer can be overwhelming and many people don’t know where to go for support. NHS Lothian and Macmillan Cancer Support want to offer everyone affected with cancer (including families and carers) time with a Link Worker to think about ‘what matters to them’ and access to the support they need. This service is for anyone affected by cancer at any point on their cancer journey.
Here are some of the things we can offer support with:
• Money or housing worries
• Caring responsibilities
• Physical concerns
• Emotional Concerns
• Lots more!
• Anyone affected by cancer can contact us directly themselves or they can be referred by a professional
• Anyone referred will be contacted within 3 working with an appointment offered within 5-10 working days
• If you've recently had a diagnosis of cancer, you may have received a letter through the post asking you if you would like to use the service. You can contact us now or in the future.
Last updated 11/08/2021
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Cancer , Conditions , Health & Social Care Services , Children & Families , Parent & Family Support
- · East Lothian (Local Authority)
- · Midlothian (Local Authority)
- · City of Edinburgh (Local Authority)
- · West Lothian (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.