Meal Makers is a project that connects people who love cooking and are happy to share an extra portion of a delicious home cooked meal with an older neighbour.
How does it work?
- Our Meal Makers volunteer ‘Cooks’ love cooking and they want to share their delicious food and get to know people in their local area.
- Customers, or ‘Diners’, are matched with a ‘Cook’ in their local area who will bring round an extra portion of their home cooked food at a time agreed by both parties.
- Meal sharing can occur as often as the ‘Cook’ and ‘Diner’ would like, whether that is weekly, fortnightly, or just now and again.
- Cooks are required to sign up online (https://www.mealmakers.org.uk/cooks/sign_up) and undertake a safeguarding process before being connected with a local ‘Diner’.
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0800 783 7770
This service is under the category: Food & Nutrition , Food Delivery , Health & Social Care Services , Support Network , Befriending
- · Glasgow City (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.