Parental Employment Support - Dundee
by Parental Employment Support Claimed
Parental Employment Support Dundee is aimed solely at working parents to help bring families out of poverty in the city. This service is the first of it's kind in Scotland and is free to qualifying parents to access. The main objective is to offer employability support to working parents who may find themselves being underemployed in a job when they have skills or qualifications making them worthy of better position. They may be part time looking to increase hours or generally find themselves needing to earn more to support a healthy and thriving home. We can fully fund accredited training to upskill parents who qualify and offer holistic support around every day issues and barriers for example: finances, childcare and health. An outline of what’s on offer:
• Free vocational and qualification based training for our clients to allow professional advancement, resulting in increased working hours or rate of pay.
• Employer engagement to understand current skill gaps by sector and shaping the project delivery accordingly.
• Brokerage with existing or potential new employers to proactively gain opportunities for our clients.
• Advice on budgeting, benefits, child care provision and wellbeing for our clients on programme.
• Full employability support around CV building, interview skills, presentation skills, task analysis and all support required to maximise an individual’s prospects in the work place.
• Free provision of a business mentor to help guide and inspire our clients.
• Full 12 month support to both employee and employer to ensure both getting the best out the programme and added value in line with expectations.
• Fully funded public transport for clients. (Subject to meeting criteria)
The project is aimed at working families where the family is below the poverty threshold or a parent who is underemployed (in a role not befitting their past experience or qualifications). Qualifying groups are:
• Lone Parents
• Family with a disabled parent or child
• Family with 3+ children
• Minority Ethnic family
• Family with a child under 1 year old
• Family where parents are under 25 years of age?
Please get in touch for more information.
Last updated 14/07/2021
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Education & Employability , Skills & Training , Supported Employment , Children & Families , Parent & Family Support , Early Years , Parent & Toddler Group , Childcare
- · Dundee City (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.