Someone Like Me
by Breast Cancer Now Claimed
When you’re facing breast cancer, it can help to talk it through with someone who’s been there too.
The Someone Like Me phone service can put you in touch with a volunteer who can support you by telephone. You’ll speak to someone who’s had a similar experience to you, who has finished their treatment and has been trained to help.
Our volunteers can support you if:
- you’ve had a primary breast cancer diagnosis
- you’re undergoing genetic testing or have a genetic diagnosis
- you’re a partner, family member or friend of someone affected.
If you’d like to talk to a volunteer by telephone, you can submit the webform available through the website link below. A staff member will call you within three working days.
If you’d like to speak to us sooner, you can call 0345 077 1893. We’re open Monday – Thursday, 9-5pm and Friday 9-4pm.
If you prefer, you can also chat to one of our volunteers through our email support service. More information is available through the website link.
Last updated 28/01/2020
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0345 077 1893
This service is under the category: Breast Cancer , Cancer , Conditions , Health & Social Care Services , Self Directed Support , Support Network , Helplines
- · Ayrshire and Arran (Health Board)
- · Borders (Health Board)
- · Dumfries and Galloway (Health Board)
- · Forth Valley (Health Board)
- · Grampian (Health Board)
- · Highland (Health Board)
- · Lothian (Health Board)
- · Orkney (Health Board)
- · Shetland (Health Board)
- · Western Isles (Health Board)
- · Tayside (Health Board)
- · Lanarkshire (Health Board)
- · Greater Glasgow and Clyde (Health Board)
- · Fife (Health Board)
To learn more about service areas.