What is SPRING?
A structured 12 week groupwork programme that supports you to:
• Build confidence and reduce feelings of loneliness
• Learn skills to cope with difficult and stressful situations
• Think about relationships, and how to plan for a safe future
• Think about any problematic behaviour, including offending
• Improve physical, mental and sexual health
• Make plans for education, employment and training
• Find out about local services
• Eat and cook healthy meals on a budget
• Try new things e.g crocheting and creative writing
Who is SPRING for?
• Women who are aged over 18 years
• Are resident in Midlothian
• Could benefit from support with mental health, substance use and experience of past or current trauma and/or abuse
• And may be involved in or are at risk of offending
How can I be referred?
You can be referred by any professional including a health professional, support worker, social work or police
Spring offers a space to:
• Access a range of support including meeting with a nurse, occupational therapist, Womens’ aid worker or social worker
• Improve your health, wellbeing and safety
• Have time to think about the changes you want to make
• Have a cup of tea/coffee and a healthy lunch in a supportive, safe and women only space
How it works
Spring runs every week on a Tuesday, with different sessions in the morning and
afternoon. Tea, coffee, fruit and biscuits are available all day and a healthy meal is offered at lunchtime. Some women stay all day and others come for just the morning or afternoon. You can agree this with the workers at the service, depending on your individual circumstances. We can provide bus tickets and childcare arrangements can be discussed when you meet with your worker.
Last updated 30/12/2019
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Conditions , Health & Social Care Services , Support Network , Support Group , Mental Health Issues
- · Midlothian (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.