Sue Ryder Self Management Service
by Sue Ryder Claimed
Our free service aims to improve the health and well-being of people living at home in Aberdeen city with neurological conditions.
Self management enables people to:
• Be better informed to manage their condition
• Be better supported when they need it
• Improve their access to social activities & networks
• Increase their involvement in their community
We operate a Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm service.
We offer a short-term service aimed at achieving specific goals:
• Practical assistance to access activities
• Confidence building
• Practice to build on walking and physical strength
• Emotional support both by phone or face-to-face
• Support into volunteering roles
• Breaks for carers to give them time to themselves
Neurological conditions include:
Stroke, Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Acquired Brain Injury, Motor Neurone Disease, Peripheral Neuropathy, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis & Cerebellar/Spinalcerebellar Ataxia
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Neurological Conditions , Conditions
- · Aberdeen City (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.