Our supported employment opportunities offer work-based learning opportunities in our local communities. Some of the ways in which we can help include:
- Raising aspirations and ensuring a successful transition from school into employment or further education.
- Increasing confidence, motivation, social inclusion, self-esteem, work readiness and friendships.
- Offering helpful advice and information to support families during transition towards adulthood and independent living
- Helping young people achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
- Working with local schools to deliver opportunities for pupils who would otherwise be excluded from this important part of the school curriculum.
- Increasing social inclusion and community awareness of the skills and abilities of people with additional needs.
- Supporting local employers with advice to make their workplace accessible for people with additional needs, and access to qualified employees and job coaching for new employees.
- Working with local authorities to offer supported employment and training for adults with additional needs who would otherwise be more likely to be amongst the long-term unemployed.
Last updated 02/10/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0141 620 2500
This service is under the category: Education & Employability , Supported Employment
- · Glasgow City (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.