Moray Food Plus
Moray Food Plus provides crisis provision to those in need across Moray; in the financial year 2018 - 19 we fulfilled 1950 referrals for crisis support, supporting 4440 people. This is a 45% increase in the number of referrals and 55% increase in the number of people supported on the previous year.
Our mission is for people with direct experience of food insecurity to contribute to help shape services, to develop and run projects that recognise the social value of food, to provide opportunities for people to contribute to projects through volunteering, and where possible, to enable people to choose what they eat in a dignified way.
We are committed to moving away from a traditional foodbank model and have actively pushed to develop and deliver more early intervention based work through a variety of projects:
• Community larders providing a food store to those most in need
• Surplus food recovery and redistribution to support community groups
• Cooking sessions to children and vulnerable adults
• Holiday clubs with food provision
• Older people’s lunch club
• Community meals
• Growing projects
• Awareness raising and strategic work
Last updated 09/06/2019
Moray Food Plus works on a referral basis from various Moray agencies but self-referrals are also possible.
Contact for more informatio...
This service is under the category: Food & Nutrition, Foodbank
- 01343 208293