Eglinton Community Garden
by The Ayrshire Community Trust ( Community Garden )
It provides all members of the community with learning opportunities related to gardening, growing food and cooking and will provide the community and volunteers with the opportunity to learn new skills, tools and coping mechanisms and promote positive changes in health, diet and lifestyle and fitness.
There are numerous benefits to be gained from this programme such as:
• Improving the quality of life for those involved in the garden
• Providing a catalyst for neighbourhood and community development
• Stimulating social interaction and reduces isolation
• Beautifying the neighbourhood
• To produce nutritious food
• Reduces family food budgets
• Creating opportunity for recreation, exercise, therapy and education
• Preserving green spaces and utilises urban gap sites
• Producing opportunities for intergenerational and cross-cultural connections.
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback