Bike Maintenance Training (Mug O'Tea and a Spanner)
by Forth Environment Link Claimed
Every month we run our Mug O’Tea and a Spanner maintenance sessions. These sessions are free and will teach you how to fix and maintain your bicycle. You can attend all 3 sessions or whatever suits your skill level. You can bring your own bike along or practice on a training bike. All sessions are hosted by Recyke-a-bike and taught on site within their training workshop.
The sessions start at 6.30pm – 9pm on the first 3 Wednesdays of every month. Booking is essential, please contact us on 01786 474160 or Stirlingath@forthenvironmentlink.org to book.
• M check (bike safety check)
• Bike set up (seat post/seat/bars)
• Lube the right parts of your bike
• Fix a Puncture
• Refit a chain (If it comes off during a ride)
• Focus on Gears: Adjustments - solve the mystery of the clicking and slipping
when you change gear
• Cleaning: Keep it clean, keep it going for years
• Chain/ Cassette - Learn when and how to change a cassette and a chain
• Focus on different braking systems: Disc brakes, calliper brakes and more
• How to check, adjust and replace brake pads/blocks for different brake types
Last updated 25/01/2020
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Transport & Mobility , Activity , Education & Employability , Skills & Training
- · Stirling (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.