by Epilepsy Connections ( Epilepsy )
The Epilepsy Fieldwork Teams in the Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Forth Valley, and Ayrshire & Arran areas provide person-centred, holistic support to children and adults with epilepsy and their families.
Our approach is to find out what matters to you and to support you to find the best way to manage epilepsy, seizures and medication, and to live well with your condition. We offer:
- information about understanding and managing epilepsy, seizures and treatment; identifying seizure triggers; lifestyle issues; safety at home, school, college & university, at work, at leisure and in sport
- support for individuals and families to deal with their feelings about living with seizures and with the threat if seizures help with benefits
- information about other sources of advice and support liaison with epilepsy specialist clinics
Your Epilepsy Fieldworker will help you consider your options in relation to education, work, housing, holidays and travel, how you spend your time, and will liaise with schools, employers, housing providers to help you get the support you need. Sometimes it’s a relief just to talk about epilepsy and its impact, and the team are available to offer informal counselling during office hours.
The Fieldwork Service is available to children and adults with epilepsy, their families and unpaid carers, and is free of charge.
Last updated 17 Sep 2018, 4:22 p.m.
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0141 248 4125
- · Ayrshire and Arran (Health Board)
- · Forth Valley (Health Board)
- · Greater Glasgow and Clyde (Health Board)
To learn more about service areas.