Glasgow Mid-Week Group (Green Gym)
by The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) Scotland Claimed
**Booking is essential. Please contact the Senior Project Officer on the contact information provided.**
Working in partnership with Glasgow Councils, NatureScot, Scotrail, Community Groups, Schools, Charities and Trusts; the Glasgow Mid-Week Group provides opportunities to work on improving greenspaces and the local environment across Glasgow. The project aims to bring people and communities together for the benefits to local environments, greenspaces and overall improvements to community health, education and experience.
Some of the activities include:
- Improving Biodiversity at ScotRail sites
- Supporting ScotRail Station Adopters to improve station biodiversity
- Supporting Glasgow Women's Aid
- Maintenance of long-distance paths (John Muir Link Paths)
- Improving the Glasgow City Council Biodiversity Enhancement Projects at various sites in Glasgow
- Supporting the Sakura Cherry Tree Project (marking 150 years of Japan-UK friendship and continued co-operation)
- Delivering and developing major repairs to the West Highland Way / John Muir Way where paths cross at the Carbeth Hutters Community near Glasgow.
Last updated 08/10/2021
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
This service is under the category: Exercise & Get Fit , Outdoor Pursuits , Heritage , Social Group , Physical Activity , Social Activity , Activity , Creative & Cultural Activity
- · Glasgow City (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.