Midlothian Substance Misuse Service (SMS)
by NHS Lothian
Midlothian Substance Misuse Service (SMS) aims to help people who have issues with drug or alcohol issues make positive changes in their lives.
The service specialises offers support and guidance, including assessment, treatment and care. SMS can also help the families of people who are affected by drug or alcohol misuse.
Services provided include:
• advice & support to individuals and their families
• psychological therapies
• community detox
• referral for inpatient detox (alcohol)
• assessment for residential treatment
• substitute prescribing for opiate addiction
• advice on harm reduction and relapse prevention techniques
• support to access voluntary work/employment/training
• practical support re: housing and financial issues
• referral to and joint working with other specialist agencies
• Blood Borne Virus (BBV) testing and treatment
How to get this service:
Ask your GP, Social Worker, Support Agency Worker or a Prison Service Officer to refer you to this service. You may also refer yourself via the Adults and Community Care team at Midlothian Council.
Last updated 30/12/2019
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0131 660 6822
This service is under the category: Drug Addiction , Alcohol Addiction , Addiction , Conditions , Health & Social Care Services , Therapy
- · Midlothian (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.