Short Breaks for Carers
by Angus Carers
There are multiple resources to help carers take short breaks, and the following are just some of the options available to you.
Short breaks can range from a couple of hours to longer periods depending on individual circumstances and what matters to you.
It is important that you have a range of options which are flexible; sometimes you may like a break on your own, sometimes with the person you care for or with a friend, an opportunity to get time to yourself in your own home or to go away for a while.
Short breaks can benefit you through:
- Allowing you to have a break from day-to-day routines
- Allowing you a chance to experience new things
- Giving you time to rest and recharge the batteries
- Providing opportunities to meet new people and maintain friendships
- Providing you with time for personal interests, leisure or cultural activities
- Improved health and well-being
- Greater independence
Last updated 17/09/2018
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback