Short Breaks for Carers
by Angus Carers ( )
There are multiple resources to help carers take short breaks, and the following are just some of the options available to you.
Short breaks can range from a couple of hours to longer periods depending on individual circumstances and what matters to you.
It is important that you have a range of options which are flexible; sometimes you may like a break on your own, sometimes with the person you care for or with a friend, an opportunity to get time to yourself in your own home or to go away for a while.
Short breaks can benefit you through:
- Allowing you to have a break from day-to-day routines
- Allowing you a chance to experience new things
- Giving you time to rest and recharge the batteries
- Providing opportunities to meet new people and maintain friendships
- Providing you with time for personal interests, leisure or cultural activities
- Improved health and well-being
- Greater independence
Last updated 17 Sep 2018, 4:22 p.m.
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback