The Listening Space at Gilmerton Community Centre
by Health In Mind Claimed ( Health & Social Care Services, Peer Support, Activity )
The Listening Space takes place every Wednesday, from 1pm – 2:30pm
in the ground floor hall of Gilmerton Community Centre . This is a drop-in space for positive mental health and wellbeing. The space has been designed alongside a group of local people, and inspired by the belief that everyone needs someone to listen to them, and that being around others who understand can be helpful.
At the drop-in, attendees can:
• Speak to a Health in Mind peer listening volunteer one to one. Volunteers will listen with a compassionate and non-judgemental ear to whatever you want to speak about. We are impartial and respect your confidentiality. We will not provide advice or counselling.
• Access materials to help you look after yourself and find out about other services and resources in Edinburgh.
• Join in with wellbeing-based activities as part of a group.
• Spend time in the space without feeling pressured to do any of the above.
This is a free drop-in for adults aged 18+.
For more information, or if someone would like to talk about the project before coming along, please contact Jenny Green at Health in Mind: Jenny.email@example.com or 0131 225 8508
Last updated 27 Sep 2018, 9:47 a.m.
Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback
0131 225 8508
- · City of Edinburgh (Local Authority)
To learn more about service areas.