Welfare Rights

by Inverclyde Council

Our team of Welfare Rights Officers provides representation at social security and tax credit appeals, on referral. Please note this service is not directly accessible by the public – if you are not already in contact with the welfare rights unit and want help to challenge any benefit decision, please contact Advice First.

The team also provides training on benefits and tax credits to Inverclyde HSCP staff, community groups and voluntary sector organisations.

Some people do challenge decisions and go on to present their own case at an appeal tribunal but statistics show that people have a greater likelihood of success if they are represented by a Welfare Rights Officer.

Last updated 11/07/2019

Can you help us improve this listing? Give feedback

Contact information

 Telephone 01475
This service is under the category: Money , Money Advice

Delivered across
  • · Inverclyde (Local Authority)

To learn more about service areas.